Ankle sprains are quite common in sports such as running, soccer, football, volleyball, rugby, and basketball. This injury can prove to be very tricky to heal in order to return to the game. To nurse yourself or your child back to perfect playing condition below we have provided some at-home tips for healing an ankle sprain.
- You may notice inflammation, bruising, pain, stiffness, or spasms in the area where there are torn ligaments aka. a sprain. To improve these symptoms use the R.I.C.E. method for 24-48 hours after the injury occurs.
- Take over the counter medications to reduce inflammation such as:
- Wrap or use KT tape to increase stability and support for the injury. This video shows a tutorial using KT Tape for ankle stability that may prove effective.
- Make sure to take it easy until the ankle sprain is fully healed – sprains reoccur quite easily if not fully healed.
- If the sprain persists visit a medical professional for consultation.
Notify Your Team
Notifying the coaching staff of an injury is very important for intervention to ensure your injury does not worsen, to gain their expertise and so they are aware that you may not be able to play for a while. Let the team and coach know about an injury using our communications tool in-app. TeamLinkt is the best free sports team management app to ensure you and your team have the most successful season possible.